Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the anacharis. My petco got in some really nice bunches and I'd love to get some for my tanks but I'm not sure they're work or not.

I've seen differing requirements for them. Petco has them advertised as a 65-75 degree temp range. LiveAquaria has it at 59 - 82 degrees. Also see that it can be planted or floating. Some say it needs ferts and Co2. Is the Co2 necessary or just liquid ferts.

Also would like to get a few of their marimo moss balls.

Here's what I have
10 gallon tank
gravel substrate
Seachem Flourish comp
API Root tabs
Grow Lighting
80 degrees
Approx 7.2 ph
In process of cycling but when I put plants in this tank, hopefully it will be fully cycled.
Possible hard water. Was looking up how to test for hard water and it brought up a soap test. It passed that test so with out testing further I'm not sure, though I do have/had some curling of fins on two of my bettas.

Now questions on QT'ing. (The live plant tanks have fish in them)

What things do I need to QT plants?

Lights, heater, ferts, gravel. Does the tank I QT them in have to have a filter? How long to QT and what do I look for to see if something is wrong with the plants?

What more do I need to know about QT'ing? Comments/advice on anything is welcome! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
CO2 of any kind (gas or liquid) will kill Anacharis. And yes, it's normally a cold-water plant but can usually be acclimated to hotter temps through time.

As for QT, all you need is a tank, light, and ferts. And 2 weeks is normal for QT if you want but I never QT plants :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Since they're coming from Petco I prefer to QT. If they were coming from you, I wouldn't. :) BTW, Buddy and Riley are doing great in their divided 10 and love their water sprite! It's growing all kinds of new shoots. Though I don't think the DWL is gonna make it.

I'll check to see what the temp is in their tank but how do I acclimate it to warmer waters? Like put it in cooler water and turn up a degree each day?

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Yeah, that's great about the water sprite! And yep, DWL sometimes just such a finicky plant. :-/

Basically, that's the gist. You can try and put it right into your tank after QT though since it's probably already in hotter temps up at PetCo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts