·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had watched this from bettatalk... looong time ago.
Great that you posted here foe everyone to watch!!
It doesn't seem to work on bettatalk anymore :/ But I was literally jumping up and down when I found it haha.

·
Registered
669 Posts
That really is an amazing piece. I remember I used to watch that show haha.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
not too sure on what to make of this, theres some good info (ie betta pecking order) and still alot of bad info at the same time. it also doesnt help they glorify the fighting part ietone of voice etc.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
intersting

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not too sure on what to make of this, theres some good info (ie betta pecking order) and still alot of bad info at the same time. it also doesnt help they glorify the fighting part ietone of voice etc.
Not sure where the bad info is. It's more just general info about the fish themselves.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If you look at the general care I feel she doesn't give enough info and to much bad info. While she says water should be kept clean she says nothing about them needing a heater, and while she has good tank sizes at the beginning she tells people that the smaller tanks are okay but not great.

Video was interesting though.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you look at the general care I feel she doesn't give enough info and to much bad info. While she says water should be kept clean she says nothing about them needing a heater, and while she has good tank sizes at the beginning she tells people that the smaller tanks are okay but not great.

Video was interesting though.
True but as breeders we cannot possibly give each fish a proper set up. Most of my fish are kept in 1/2 gallon to 1 gallon jars. My fish room is heated to 85 degrees and all tanks and jars get 75%-100% water changes a day.

As long as requirements are met I won't get on anybody but I recommend no less than 5 gallon tanks for pet owners.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! It's a good video to show where Bettas came from and how aggressive they truly are. We love them just the same though. You can tell that breeder takes great care of her fish.

She was given a small segment in a show about aggressive animals, so why would she go into great detail about husbandry and care? Even if she did go into detail, Animal Planet would just cut it out.

Their goal was to show why Bettas are number two in their countdown of extreme fighters.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing this! It's a good video to show where Bettas came from and how aggressive they truly are. We love them just the same though. You can tell that breeder takes great care of her fish.

She was given a small segment in a show about aggressive animals, so why would she go into great detail about husbandry and care? Even if she did go into detail, Animal Planet would just cut it out.

Their goal was to show why Bettas are number two in their countdown of extreme fighters.
Exactly :) Glad you enjoyed it!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
man i really wish faith granger would start breeding again :(( her movie was supposed to come out 2 or so years ago (anyone heard anything?)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

the breeder is my freakin my hero :lol: she saved the plentiful colorations from extinction :-D she also created awesome looking gene's like the red head. sadly she since she is a director she has been working on this movie calles "deuce of spades" she was supposed to return to her website 2 years ago, and i really don't know any since

1 - 15 of 15 Posts