Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my neighbour stopped by the other day with a 5 gallon tank under his arm and gave it to me!
He was using it as his Q tank for his saltwater fish, and there's a white film/ crust build up on the inside of the glass.
I went to work tonight and asked what I could do (that wouldn't cost me ANYTHING!) and both the general manager, and the fish room manager told me to use a razor blade on a stick that we sell for 20$ :roll:
Is there ANYTHING ELSE I can do to take off the white stuff? It's just that this tank is going to be for my breeding tank, and I don't want to salt the poor little babies to death (or kill Pinyin or Ponyo...)

·
Registered
218 Posts
razor blade works well, or just use a scrubby that you use to clean dishes (new one of course) and just scrub it with hot water. Id say a combo of both, razor off most of it, then scrub the little bit thats left

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Bleach it. Fill it with water, put in half a cup of bleach or so, let it sit for 20-30 min ans then just wipe the stuff off. Thats what I did with an old glass vase that was all white and chalky on the inside because of evaporation (non betta related) and all the crusty white stuff just wiped off as if it were dust. Just make sure to rinse VERY well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts