ARG!!! I can't catch a break. Lets start from the top. I set up my sorority in my 29gal last month and made my own sponge filter. I wasn't expecting it to fall apart so soon. It so disgusting, there was fungus or something growing on it. Looked slimy and opaque and stuck to the sponge. Gross. I decided to go for a real sponge filter. The home made sponge filter was so bad (and smelly) I had to throw it out. So, of course, my cycle crashed. Unfortunately, I had to be away for that weekend after I had replaced the filter. Needless to say, my ammonia spiked and killed 4 of my girls. (2 definitely dropsy cases) I immediately did a 50% water change and bought StressZyme to add. I've been testing my water everyday and using Prime with water changes but the ammonia always seems to be so high. Today, one of my girls wasn't eating. I netted her and put her in the hospital tank. She's got severe pop eye. I used a bit of Melafix because it said to use in cases of pop eye. She hasn't eaten, she isn't pine-coned but her eyes are huge. I just don't know what the solution to my problem is. Oh and I have westeria? in my tank. Just a little bit. Any ideas? Here's a pic of the sick one.