Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't really classify him as a rescue cause he was paid for, so he is more of a sympathy purchase, though I'm sure to him it felt like a rescue. My friend and I went to petco today (I just recently got her into bettas) and she picked him up and practically begged me to take him home and save him, she even offered to pay for him if I would just save him! How could I say no...

Poor little guy is super skinny, and has nasty fin rot, but I think he's going to be stunning when he is all better! :)

He still doesn't have a name, so suggestions would be great!

And just because his picture is the next one I came to, I'll add a picture of my moms new betta, she won't admit she likes them, but I gave him to her and she's always talking to him and making sure he's fed, and has clean water, it's really funny!

So her boy Starfire

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, my mom used to talk to my old fish when she would walk by my room....it was so funny when she would tell him no and that he had already been fed!!!
For some reason I like the name Rosco for the rescue betta....don't know why....

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've decided to name him Poppet, hehe.

He's doing well, ate a nice dinner yesterday of live black worms, and ate his NLS pellets for breakfast this morning, he's so cute!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.