Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what my anubias is deficient in? I've googled it a bit and think maaaaaaybe it's potassium, but I'm just not sure.

They seem to be pretty easy for most people to care for, but mine looks off. The leaf discoloration, small holes, and brown on the underside are the main problems. The brown cannot be rubbed off and the small holes appeared a while ago. It doesn't look like I've gotten any recently. The rhizome is solid, roots are growing nicely and I get a new leave about once a month. It was healthy looking when I got it a few months ago with uniform green leaves.

I've been dosing my tank with flourish for about a month and haven't seen any improvement in the odd coloration. I know it needs something... I just don't know what.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,854 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,426 Posts
What is the lighting like for the plant?
I had a plant that was getting black at the top like the last picture you had there. I put it in a tank where the surface was covered by RRFs which shaded the anubias and it started growing healthy leaves.
For these plants, there is actually something such as too much light.

·
Super Moderator
18,854 Posts
What is the lighting like for the plant?
I had a plant that was getting black at the top like the last picture you had there. I put it in a tank where the surface was covered by RRFs which shaded the anubias and it started growing healthy leaves.
For these plants, there is actually something such as too much light.
I was told my a seller/grower that one of the main reasons for Anubias decline is too much light. They truly do like shade. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told my a seller/grower that one of the main reasons for Anubias decline is too much light. They truly do like shade. Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks! I had a crappy light for a while when this started. It was the standard one that came with the Marineland 5 gallon portrait. I upgrade a month or so ago to a cheap-o amazon one that's a little better, but nothing amazing.

I'll check that chart. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts