Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the plant grow if I only have the rhizome/roots? The "bulb" or thicker mass at the top of the rhizome is still there, but I don't know if it will grow without leaves. I think it depends on the plant, which is why I'm asking.

I had to cut my leaves off because they had died from a light deficiency issue (of which I have solved). I have a good light and good substrate. I'm hoping it will successfully grow if the answer to my question is yes.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
I'm surprised your anubias died from a lack of light. I've grown this plant in near darkness without any issue.

But if the rhizome is healthy, the plant should bounce back, although likely very slowly. IME, when I've been in the same situation, most plants would resprout, although there were a small number that didn't.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
If you have ANY rhizome rot you ned to cut it out and cut s but into the healthy part. The disease will spread through the whole rhizome and up into the base of the stem killing leaves in a way that looks like very ex elevated extreme nitrate deficency.
If ther is rhizome rot cut it out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.