Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

After visited LPS, I got this Double Tail, my wife named him Apollo.
This is the first pic, more pics soon (I hope)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it´s like emerald green, I just took this pic with my cell phone.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nice setup you have there reminds me of my own. That first picture didn't do him justice. I've never seen a Betta with that brilliant of a green color. I love the pet keeper tanks. Easy to maintain and clean. I'm using them to house my boys at the moment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you clean those pet keepers?

Can I use the siphon water to change the water with out taking out my betta? I know doing this way, could not change the water at 100%, is this safe?

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
448 Posts
I actually use a coffee mug to do my 50% water change on Wednesday nights. I use a gallon jug that was cleaned with just hot water to refill. Make sure you condition the water the you are adding. Then on Sunday nights I do a 100% change. On the 100% change I gently dump the substrate into a strainer and give it a quick rinse. Put the rocks back in the tank, add conditioner, and refill it. Add the heater back and swirl the water with it. Then add the fish back in. Also I bought a new mug and strainer that has never been washed with anything other than a bath in hot water when I first got it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
LOVE the color!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I´m still not able to take a good pic : (, but here you have a few more.
PS. I have added a silk plant and a background.

·
Registered
243 Posts
aww very purdy :) just a question but what kind of tank thing is he in and how big is it? is that gona be his main tank? oh and how much would you say it costs

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi SassyBetta, that "thing" is the heater ! (5 watts), the tank is 1 gallon.

I´m planning to get a keeper about 2 gallons, but Im not pretty sure when I could get it, it´s just a plan !

Cya !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm so sad : (

Apollo is too much stressed, I dont know why !

Any advice to calm him down?

Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love his color and his black lipstick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a thought but my daughter's betta started stressing and tail biting after she added a plant to his tank. Once we figured it out and removed the plant, he stopped. Maybe he doesn't like the plant? Is he eating? How warm is his tank? I am no expert, but maybe if we had more info, someone could help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Apollo is doing better, I thought he was stressed due to temp issues, the heater is not regulable, so I manually unplug the cord when needed. I really need a timer !

Regards

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.