Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me determine if my apple snail is male or female? i was told the straight boot by the shell opening meant male then i was told different. I want the opposite and try to breed them . thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Pretty snail! I just got an ivory one to put in Ghost's tank. And likewise, have no idea what side of the fence it falls on!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm not sure but Nuge always sticks pretty close to his snail friend. I will ask at pets unlimited later. Is that ghost in your pic? Very beautiful

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yes, that's Ghost, and thanks! He's the hammiest beta of the 4 in my household. People who think fish have no personalities have never met betas.

He did NOT approve of the snail. He nipped it every time it peeked out. I was on the point of removing it to Chicory's tank, even at the risk of it climbing out (rimless edge with a feeding port in the cover, eek), when he finally decided that escargot wasn't his thing, and has been ignoring it since. Your boy seems quite intrigued by your snail!

I went and looked at the site on snails, and I don't think I'll ever know if it's a he or she. Seemed like the only differences were "under the shell".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts