Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm Cassidy and I got my first betta, Gregory, a few weeks ago. There are only 2 pet stores in my area and the PetSmart I got Gregory from isn't the most reputable. After doing a significant amount of reading on this forum and others I was concerned that Gregory was showing signs of fin rot, so following a post I saw, I treated him with 2 tsp of aquarium salt diluted in a small amount of water and added to his 3 gallon tank. I didn't think anything I saw was severe enough for him to be removed from his tank for a salt bath. Any fin ends that concerned me have since cleared up but I know that prolonged exposure to aquarium salt can be dangerous. I only added it to his water the one time 2 days ago after doing a 25% water change. Should I be doing another partial water change now or will this salt cause any harm? I don't want to stress him out unnecessarily but I also don't want to hurt him. Sorry if this is a silly question but I didn't see any recent posts about it and I don't want to see anything happen to him.

(I also attached a photo of my little cutie! :love: )

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts