Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if I did something wrong... My little Zak's aquarium is still foggy after a day! Is it still in the beginning cycle? I've researched online and have tried to find an answer, but I am not finding anything...

Aquarium Freshwater aquarium Aquarium decor Aquarium lighting Aquatic plant

I'm new to this, and I went and bought test strips to test the nitrate, nitrite, ph balance, etc... and everything checked out!

So I am not sure what is going on, but help would be much appreciated! :-D

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Bacterial bloom!

Yeah, pretty much your cycle is starting and there was an influx of bacteria so now that's all basically dead bacteria floating around haha. Not harmful at all! Just do a water change and that should help remove most of it at least, it will likely remain cloudy for another day or so and clear up on it's over after a few days ^_^

·
Registered
255 Posts
Try using a water clearer and within an hr it should be fine , but smell the water and if the clearer doesn't work remove evrything and give it a good scrub

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bacterial bloom!

Yeah, pretty much your cycle is starting and there was an influx of bacteria so now that's all basically dead bacteria floating around haha. Not harmful at all! Just do a water change and that should help remove most of it at least, it will likely remain cloudy for another day or so and clear up on it's over after a few days ^_^
Ok, I changed about 50% of the water in his tank, washed his decor off with warm water, and added some water purifier. It looks better already, but hopefully it'll clear up! :)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
lol same, no need to add in excess chemicals most of the time ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts