Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fish in cycling and seeing great improvement! My ammonia was sky high and knock on wood, for now it is at 0!!! BBBUUTTTT, of course when one door closes another one opens.
ammonia:0ppm
Nitrite: 4.5ppm
NitrAte: 25ppm
Ph: 7 stable this whole time

Am I doing ok??? Eh sorry but i want to make sure I am doing ok.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,218 Posts
Nitrite should be 0ppm; Nitrates 10-20ppm. I would so several 50% water changes, a couple of hours apart, until the Nitrites are 0ppm.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,218 Posts
I'm sure you know this but when parameters get too high it's best to do several smaller water changes than one large one to prevent parameter shock. I once had Nitrates get out of hand from neglect (in the 100s) and it took 10 water changes of 10% over two days to get them back where they belonged. :-( Live and learn.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,218 Posts
Oh yes. I don't know why I said Ammonia & Nitrite 0.25... They both should be 0.
Great minds...we were typing our replies at the same moment. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure you know this but when parameters get too high it's best to do several smaller water changes than one large one to prevent parameter shock. I once had Nitrates get out of hand from neglect (in the 100s) and it took 10 water changes of 10% over two days to get them back where they belonged. :-( Live and learn.
ok I will do my best I did two today I will do more tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts