Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to Bettas. This is a baby I aquired maybe a week ago? I feed it flakes and mini pellets. He eats everything I feed him. I changed the water two days ago, and he was very active. At the moment he is just sulking around. He was active after I changed the water, but he has slowed down a bit. Are these stress lines? They're very new.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a couple of questions to ask so I can assist you better

1. How big is the tank?
2. If it filtered?
3. How much of a water change do you do?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its his temporary housing for the minute. It isn't filtered. Its half a gallon. More pictures

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
The stripes don't always mean stress....stripes and color changes are forms of communication and camo.....He may be communicating that he is stressed, but he could also be responding to changes in the environment to try and blend in.

When you make water changes-try to equalize the temps between tank and replacement water by using an independent thermometer and when making 100% be sure and properly re-acclimate to the tank chemistry and temp by adding small amount of tank water to the holding cup over 10min or so....

As a general rule-when you have behavior changes- you want to rule out the environment-First check the temp and adjust if needed-Then make a 50% water only change using double dose of dechlorinator-turn off the light for a few hours and observe.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've noticed something weird in the "chin" area of this.. is this some sort of fungus?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts