Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if veggie/algae rounds were okay for bettas to eat? i haven't fed any to mine but i've heard while giving these to cories that some people's bettas gobble them up! lol. so does any one know if this is okay for them to eat?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I don't think it'd hurt them to eat a bit, but betta are carnivores so they shouldn't be fed any veggie/algae foods, it's just not in their system to eat plant matter.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that totally makes sense. lol. thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have to drop some in every day for my otos, and my Betta always gets a good chunk, so I would say that they aren't harmful in any way in my experience

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Its not ideal for them to eat large amounts of the algae wafer-Bettas tend to overeat and will bloat when allowed to eat too much of the algae wafer-small amounts are fine and even part of their regular diet, however, you don't want algae wafers for corydoras-you should feed them sinking shrimp pellets or meaty foods-you will still have to watch the Betta to ensure that he doesn't overeat the shrimp pellets too.....they are little pigs.....lol....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts