Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of his fry didn't make, but I'm perfectly happy with only 3, I wasn't planning on breeding at the moment and wouldn't of had the space for so many. P

He has one son and two daughters, two look like him and the other is his blue color but has half clear fins.

This guy is still pretty small, for a while I was wondering if I was doing something wrong since I give him water changes everyday except when I was out of town a couple days. Then I remembered how tiny his dad was, his dad was from petsmart and never got big. He still is growing slowly but it's my first time, I'll figure it out and I'm not in a rush anyway lol

Here's Asgard(petsmart ohm rosetail) and his mom(petco HM)

I was really lucky to find her, she was accidentally sent to the store as a male.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
He is so handsome! I am seeing all these beautiful dragonscales and want one!

·
Registered
402 Posts
ooo! pretty! can we see pics of his daughters?

I love the color of the pair!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
he is such a cutie :). i just love his mother o-o am in need of another HM female but am afraid to get another :(
and wasn't that the accidental spawn? i don't remember :|

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes this was a accidental spawn

The two sisters
This girl is blue but looks weird in the photo

Her sister, after taking the photos I noticed she looks kinda like a marble

I took her out and got this adorable photo

And another of their brother

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
omg the sister's are soo cute, i would name one "Sister" XD sooooo adorable i could snatch if you where selling them (and if i had the money)
just saying, does the male have a scale deformity? it looks like it but am not sure :|

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
omg the sister's are soo cute, i would name one "Sister" XD sooooo adorable i could snatch if you where selling them (and if i had the money)
just saying, does the male have a scale deformity? it looks like it but am not sure :|
They are totally adorable, and also mean lol. I'm floating them in the sorority right now in breeders and once they're larger I'll let them in.
He might, his dad was a rosetail and even though he had perfect scales we all know the genetics aren't that great, his scales seem to still be filling in though.

I love them, they're so pretty :) I have another pair I plan to breed, but I won't until I have the proper set up.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are the parents :) I got Asgard when he was super small when petsmart first started selling HM's.

Here's Asgard(petsmart ohm rosetail) and his mom(petco HM)

I was really lucky to find her, she was accidentally sent to the store as a male.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love the colorations on these guys! Might I ask how you had an accidental sawn? :/
I bought the female at petsmart and decided to QT her for a week before placing her in the sorority tank. I floated her in Asgard's divided section because he had a big tiger lotus that enveloped her container so they couldn't see one another and get stressed out. She ended up jumping out the second day and spawned with him O.O

His section is the middle, I was treating the sorority with coppersafe so all the plants and snails where stuffed in there lol

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
Is Asgardson one of those dragons that reflect blue to green depending on the angle of light? And, how about your recent photo contest winner?

·
Registered
206 Posts
wow they all look so pretty! I especially like the sister :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is Asgardson one of those dragons that reflect blue to green depending on the angle of light? And, how about your recent photo contest winner?
Nope, he's just a light blue :)

The contest winner was a OHM rosetail from Petco, I looove the photo I entered in the contest, it reminds me of copper coins lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
ohhh they're all so gorgeous!

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
Copper, there's something I've been wondering about, and you're the perfect person to give us a definitive answer.

What, exactly constitutes a 'dragonscale'?

What distinguishes a 'copper'?

What defines a 'rosetail'?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts