Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G,day to all the Aussie's out there. If you are looking for a good little tank without spending a small fortune well I found a good little tank with accessories that is ideal for a betta, and I consider a great price at 29 dollars for the complete setup. This tank was purchased at K Mart which is pretty much Australia wide. It was so good a buy I thought I would share.

The plastic lid that fits tidily in the corner supports, with a finger hole in the centre to easily lift off for maintenance, and two cut outs for leads/air tubing. The cut outs are easily big enough to get two leads in one hole if you needed to. You can also see the backing paper that is included and already attached.

Image of lid once set up.

The filter that is included isn't bad, I took it apart to see what it consisted of, and would be considered a 3 stage filter system. It has a large sponge, fine wool, and carbon stage. All stack in the tube.

Also included is a plastic plant, gravel, and a net. I did not photograph the net. The plastic plant I have not used but it is soft, so I think it would be ok. The gravel is a bit bright for my taste. But it is large and smooth, so really good in terms of being safe for a betta. Ok it does just cover the bottom, but you could always add some more, but it is certainly enough to get you started.

And the last image after the tank was set up. PLEASE NOTE: The Thermometer, Heater, Mug and silk plants are not included, they are items I already had.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have that tank.. though I bought it second hand for more, including a heater and log ornament too. If I had known I would have just gotten this kit- because I ended up replacing a lot of stuff.

Thanks for the heads up though!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I thought it was a really good little tank for the money. Hence the sharing. I know you can spend easily 15 dollars just on a small cube in the pet/fish stores over here and that wouldn't include gravel or filter. Plus a lot of small tanks don't have lids which is essential for betta's. I am not a big fan of lights on Betta tanks, as they don't like bright light anyway. But even so if you needed a light for plants or just wanted one. You can get some nice clamp on ones now. The other thing I love about tanks that are not all built in, is if parts do break down it is no problem to just buy a new filter. I have bought many tanks in my time with built in filters. Lights the lot. Problem is that's all very well when it is all working fine, but when parts break, sometime you cant get the parts. And then you are looking at a whole new tank.

Piyoteru's, That just sucks that you ended paying more for something you could have gotten new for cheaper. It always amazes me what people will pay for second hand tanks on ebay. So I can see how you could have easily paid more, because generally tanks are quite expensive I think over here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.