Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few people post about Axolotl, I was curious who all owns them and if you'd post pictures? I'm expecting about 15-20 Axolotl eggs in the mail. I have ordered brine shrimp eggs and expecting them soon, so I'm all set on the feeding and whatnot so I'm crossing y fingers everything goes well with the hatching and raising process! lol
But what are your experiences with them? Tank setups? Etc. I'm a member of caudata.org and have read up tons on them,just would love to see if any of you are into them :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There ADORABLE! :D I love the Leusicistic ones, which the eggs are suppose to be a mix of normal and leui, so fingers crossed I can hatch them out and raise them into adults! And to get a few leui's haha. Ill keep you guys updated on then, until then id love to hear more if anyone else owns them!

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
I swear those things look like Pokemon. Every single time I see a pic of one, I keep wanting to say, "Water gun attack! Get Pidgeoto!"

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
They are? No wonder I've never seen any before. I wonder why they're illegal. Everything is illegal here, including harmless aquarium plants like cabomba and duckweed (considered Noxious Weeds). :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sakura: all salamanders are illegal here because of a fear that they will crossbreed with our native tiger salamander (which is stupid, cause axolotls are Mexican, and if they really wanted to, they could just walk up and find a tiger salamander!!!) I was wondering why I couldn't find duckweed :|
bettasusa: they stay in that stage their whole lives unless they are kept out of water for a prolonged period of time, then they will turn into a regular old salamanery thing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There pretty much the baby form of a salamander but never actually metamorphosize into actual salamanders. It is VERY rare for them to morph

·
Registered
671 Posts
My luck mine would morph. :lol:

I love them. I've read online 2 are good for a 10g if it is heavily filtered & cycled, but who all can you trust on Yahoo Answers?

·
Registered
97 Posts
it's attitudes like yours that make duckweed illegal!! lol I kid XD But yeah, I like the look of it :3 and the extras could be good nommins for my salad loving cichlids

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
From my research, and my friend who breeds them... they are hard to keep in groups, should be singletons, need large tanks and are hard to catch/keep alive as babies due to aggression. I love them, but way to much work for me. My tanks stay at 78F without heaters so I could never have cold enough water for them.

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
I gotta be honest. I find them just a little bit creepy. Like lots creepy. There's something about that grinning face that makes me think they're going to crawl out of the tank in the middle of the night and bite me. o_O Overactive imagination? Just a little. ;-)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts