Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to show off my baby betta and have others show off theirs and share their experience!

I bought Radical Edward on Dec 10. She was labeled as "Baby Boy"
I initially had her in a 1.5g kritter keeper with a heater and did daily partial water changes. Food was mainly tetra betta flakes and crushed up bloodworms.

At first I couldn't tell if she was eating, but then after a week, suddenly she was very active. She eagerly ate and was very alert. Almost like a switch flipped.
After about a month (and doing more research) I upgraded her to a 3 gallon fish keeper and added a diy sponge filter. Also got better fish food. Namely Hikari Bio Gold Baby pellets.
She is very zippy and wiggly making it very hard to see her egg spot. It was only last week that I finally noticed it.
Here are some current pictures. Again she is constantly moving so alot of my pictures are a little blurry

I now only do a partial water change once or twice a week. After 3 months she has probably tripled in size and is doing very well. Its exciting watching her grow.

Well that's my story. Does anyone else have baby betta stories to tell? 🙂

Wow update. I was just feeding her some pea and while I was trying to get it of my finger, she jumped like an inch out of the water. I've never seen her do that before 😲

·
Registered
Pete (koi placat male) Duke (DT HM male) Pinks ( placat female)
4 Posts
The small fin bettas are good jumpers, don’t walk away from the critter keeper with the little hinge door open lol. No joke.
ECCFF15F-0DE2-4724-AD35-64D17E50529D.jpeg
Your Betta looks just like my female. I also picked her out of the “baby” section except she was really big... almost bigger than the adult females they had for sale there. Makes me wonder how long she was in that little cup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts