Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This lil' fella is from the CT / VT spawn I had.... His dad as a baby muncher :roll: BUT this one month old fry, already has color coming in (red fins! :) ) and is basically....a mini betta.

NOTE: The container shown is NOT what he/she is kept in, I was doing a water change and took that opportunity to get pictures.

edit: why some pictures are pathetically small, I have no idea. :roll:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
beautiful!looks to be almost double the average size from some angles!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Whoa.,looking at that lil baby compared to our sammy wow..that lil guy is tiny weeny.. He'd get lost in a big tank..lol..soo cute:)

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I thought it was bad to breed CT with VT's. o_O

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
some people say it is, sme people say it isnt, i personally have seen some beautiful results online, however there is always the possibility that the pictures have been mislabelled!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason a VT CT spawn is "bad" is because the VT is very dominant, meaning to get a good CT out of it there would need to be a f2 then f3 spawn :) line breeding!!

But, I know you cannot tell yet for tail type but this fella has the combtail resemblence. xD

The lil' baby is 'normous compared to a previous month old spawn I had (8 from Maine's)

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
So I will stick with a CT when I eventually breed TDP

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suggest to =D In the thought of VT CT the line ends up like this (if you line breed)

VT spawns with CT =

VT with CT background (normal VT and shaggy fins)
VT, shaggy fins and some combs
VT shaggy, combs and some crowns
combs and crowns

I believe, anyways xD It really isn't worth it, but my VT female does her job too dang well. It's too bad she is VT..but she's been teaching my males LOL. So I need to find a DT, or CT female, and PK

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I suggest to =D In the thought of VT CT the line ends up like this (if you line breed)

VT spawns with CT =

VT with CT background (normal VT and shaggy fins)
VT, shaggy fins and some combs
VT shaggy, combs and some crowns
combs and crowns

I believe, anyways xD It really isn't worth it, but my VT female does her job too dang well. It's too bad she is VT..but she's been teaching my males LOL. So I need to find a DT, or CT female, and PK
What color CT female will look good with TDP? A blue one? He is the one in my avatar lol

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well what do you want to go for? I mean... If you want different colorings, such as butterfly or dalmation go with butterfly I've heard it is dominant.

As for colors, blue and red are dominant :)

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I will see what they have at Petco. With his coloring I know he will have interesting fry if I get the right female

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the "hmmm" spawns for color LOL

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I am not going to breed him until I research a lot more. I know I will be devastated if something goes wrong because of my own stupidity

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do agree!! Lots of research is awesome. Look up spawn logs, ask some of the breeders on here like Mr V or even OFL, and quite a few others.... Find what works for YOU. I find the "shock method" for breeding, for me, has resulted in 4/5 successful spawns (even if daddy ended up an egg/baby eater!)

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Only problem I would have is getting live food to feed them while conditioning them.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you get frozen? If not, go for high protein foods =D I think the first spawn I did... I had freeze dried and pellets. And both did pretty good... This time I used frozen bloodworms, pellets, freeze dried, and mealworms.

If you can get mealworms, gut-load the mealies, chop off the head and let th betta get the meat out will you hold the shell. Nasty, but they love it.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I know Petsmart sells mealworms. *Shudders* Then there the food for the fry.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Microworms I got online from ebay, and never had a problem. Ask someone from on here perhaps... :) I got online from ebay: decapsulated brine shrimp, fairy shrimp eggs, microworms... and from a store here frozen bloodworms (mini) work for my month old... But he is fairly big for his age xDD

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
My SIL said she would buy me stuff if I pay her back. :) So I will ask her when the time comes.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is cool!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts