Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a new baby betta a couple days ago and he won't seem to eat. He is very underweight, or at least looks it.

My last baby I fed her with crushed NLS and bbs. This little guy won't eat either. He also will not eat micro pellets..I also tried various frozen food. I'm afraid I'll have to try live food but I have never attempted it before. If I have to do live, what is a good place to buy it? Any tips on growing them too? I am kinda on a limited budget since I'm going on vaca soon.

How can you tell if a baby betta is underweight? I am pretty sure he is because my first one was a lot fatter than he is.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is he interested in the food at all? Does he go after it or spit it out?
No he isn't interested at all :\ He seems to act like he doesn't even notice the food, so I tried taking brine shrimp and squirting it from a syringe in front of him, he still ignores it. He'll sometimes pick at the bottom of his tank like he is hungry too...So I'm not sure if maybe he doesn't recognize anything not moving as food...?

·
Registered
243 Posts
One of my babies acted similar to that for about a week, what I did was leave the food on the bottom for her to pick at later, that way at least she ate something. Eventually she started to come to the top to eat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts