Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! *waves*

I'm just getting back into bettas after not owning any fish since high school. I'm glad I found this forum -- when I had my bettas before, I was running basically on guesswork!

I have two pretty boys at the moment, in a divided 2.5 gallon BettaWave tank. They'll be moving into a divided 5-gallon hex at the end of the week. :)

Norman's photo is attached, and Walter is the blue in my avatar. Norman is a bit of a spaz and a glass surfer (he also LOVES the filter current -- I baffled it, after reading how much bettas hate currents, and now he purposely swims into the baffle so he can shoot out the other side). Walter's only been here for two days, so he's still settling in.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Yes, I'm already addicted. I started with one betta in a 2.5 gallon tank, now have a 5 gallon on my desk, divided with my original betta and a new one, and am looking for a new occupant for the original 2.5 gallon. Have also been looking at 10-gallon tanks, but haven't quite taken that plunge yet. ;)

I had a full community tank years ago, but had to give it up for a cross-country move. I love having fish again. :D

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
The only fish I ever had before the ones I have now were poorly taken care of, so I didn't get to enjoy the personality they have. Now that they're in heated, larger tanks, they really shine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes! I love getting to know each one. :D Norman is my manic boy - he never stops moving, and gets quite animated when I approach the tank. He also likes to "surf" in the filter current by getting under the baffle I made for it and shooting out the other side, LOL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's so cool! I love the idea of a fish zipping about, playing in the flow - how precious! Very cute - you should make a viddy of it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts