Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I go into the store (find the manager is not there) and I see the SAME white betta is there, from last time, when I passed him up for my guinea. His fins are a little damaged, he does have ammonia burns, and he was not very responsive (unlike his doppleganger - who had only a slight difference in color - who flared at the other bettas). He has fuzz on his fins and body, but I'm not too worried about it.

I carried his bowl around while looking at stuff (I'm not buying frozen bloodworms, from a fridge that has frozen mice; OPENED tubs of them! yuck!) and another customer who was buying baby jewel cichlids, stopped, backtracked, looked at me, looked at the bowl then says
"Is that a WHITE betta?"
me: "yup."
him: "huh - that's different! I've never seen a white one before."

I carried him home under my sweater beneath my sweater beneath my jacket (welcome to Canada, eh?) and after cleaning the 20 gallon after my stupidity mishap (I killed my heater accidentally... by getting water in it...) he is now floating in it, and actually is more responsive and interested in his surroundings. I wonder what color he'll REALLY be? :eek:

:lol:

here is what the disease does: entitles you (me) to have a 14th betta.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's crazy how things like that happen! The poor guy.. but he has a happy home now :) Cant wait to see how he turns out after being taken cared for! He is a very pretty color already as it is. :)

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks =D His name is Jekyll ^.^looks to be a pink and white, in the tank.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I've never actually seen one in person... only on here, or aquabid. So I like this little betta :p he's got shorter fins than the rest of my males, which is fine because that lowers the chance of him being a tail biter!! :lol:

I tried getting a picture of him in the tank for you guys.... But...um...yeah. o_O he's glaring at me from the hidey hole....

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
aww thats so cute :3 i just in LOVE with whites, i seen a SOLID WHITE DT at petco gave him up cause i wanted my brother to have a betta, never saw him again :-(
good luck with your new boy very pretty BTW

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh no! I don't think I could do that :lol: And thanks!! It's amazing how active they are in something warm o_O

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my!! that really sucks :-(

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aww :-( you just didn't have any luck, did you?!

·
Banned
27,608 Posts
He's very pretty! I bought 2 *white* ones in the last few weeks. One is a marble and the other one turned out to be a pale, pale turquoise.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ooo!!! yours sound nice :) I have no idea what he really is, we'll have to see :lol: so far he has a pink undertone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Keep us updated as to how he turns out! I love seeing how bettas recover after their tramatic journey to a new wonderful life :)

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:lol: well so far, he's got COPPER highlights on him :eek: Every time I look he changes o_O :lol: which is good. Because he was truthfully "pretty" when he was first put out, then got kind of "meh" after - which sucks to see.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just give him more time to show his true colors :) Soon they will pop out and you will say you have the most beautiful betta in the world!! :)

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
definitely :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts