Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have cosmo in a 2.5 gallon aqueon betta bow and he seems to be doing really well! I've had him for a week. Anyways I've baffled the filter by putting a piece of sponge filter stuff over the output and it seems to be working pretty well. The only problem is its getting little fluffs like little tiny threads/ strings from the cotton like part of it in the water. And you can hardly notice it and I've tried to scoop them out and such... But I was just wondering what to do. Ive done 2 water changes so far and plan on one more water change tomorrow or Thursday and then using a gravel vaccum on sunday. But will the little fluffly things annoy or hurt Cosmo :( there mostly just floating on the top , you can only see it with the light on.is there a better way to baffle the filter or something better i can use?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you checked out how he does without a baffle? I used part of a pair of pantyhose (internal filter, I streched them across the input and where the water flowed out) in my tank when I had guppy fry, but turns out they didn't even need it! Could you raise the water level to reduce the current the filter makes? I've also seen people use a bit of plastic(like from a water bottle) to baffle filters.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Hmmm I have the same tank as you and have baffled it the same way and I do not have that problem.

Maybe buy a more durable sponge? One that isn't a fluffy or soft but a bit harder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.