Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the temp dropping here, I need to get my filter baffled and running again to fully heat Aris' 5g.

This is my filter: http://www.amazon.ca/Elite-Underwater-Mini-Filter-Listed/dp/B0009YD7D4

I've tried a sponge baffle, which resulted in my filter back flowing and was a mess. I can't really put it in a water bottle and just cut holes cause the intake is on the side under the green flow slider, and at the bottom.

Up until recently I had big gravel in his tank and could just lean my large rock against the outflow to settle it. But now I have glass rocks and it can't kept the rock pushed up there. The rock slipped and narrowly missed my brand new heater x.x so I just turned off the filter instead.

Help please?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I know what a baffle filter is (thanks to googling it just now) but what do you mean by baffling that filter? do you mean covering the inlet a little to stop betta fins drifting in and getting torn?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to cut down the flow from the outtake. Even at it's lowest setting it creates a huge current in my tank and blows my poor betta around. I've even placed objects to try and slow the current, but it doesn't help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I used to have an intank powerfilter on one of my tanks, the easiest way to baffle them ime is to get a filter sponge and cut it to fit around the intake and secure it with a rubberband the take cheap pantyhose and sleave it aswell. Then atleast once a month clean the spounge and panty hose. Hope that method helps. In the long run you you may want to pick up a small aqua clear hob or zoomed mini turtle clean. Both are great filters and highly customizable, inexspensive and again do a great job!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried that, it didn't work with this, it eventually caused it to back flow and made a mess. I'm trying to avoid buying another for a while, there isn't much available in my town but we are planning a big shopping trip to the city (not much more variety there either)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.