Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to owning a betta and I read a lot on here that the pet stores are just plain wrong, especially with what tank to use. I have a 3 gallon tank now, with only a rock for him to hide in. (for now) The pet store did sell me a bamboo plant and said it was ok. Before I put that in there I wanted to ask is this recommended?

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
You can partially submerge it. I used suction cups on mine and wrapped a twisty tie around it to make it stay, just do not submerge any of the leaves.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got pulled in on the bamboo plant idea too, before I knew better. This is not an underwater plant. I took it out of my aquarium and it has a new home. In fact it was sold to me with two other plants (from a pet store), and NONE of them were aquatic plants. Ultimately, it won't work. Caveat emptor (buyer beware). I did a little research online and found some wonderful and better aquatic plants that will survive and thrive underwater, and will also help the tank ecosystem by eating ammonia and nitrites. The correct plants will balance your aquarium.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts