Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://i.imgur.com/pWRPbVw.jpg

Thanks for all of the wonderful information I have learned from you guys. My fish is so happy right now.

Just wanted to double check, the plant on the right with the very broad leaves is an anubias right? I got it at petco and it didn't have a label on it, and the reason I ask is because it doesn't really have a rizome like the other one does, it's kind of just a ball of roots. I left it above the substrate, because even when i tried to plant it it just floated back out. I had to tie it to some biomax cylinders to get it to stay at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The plant looks like a melon sword to me, and a very nice one. They do not have a rhizome,and the roots can be planted. I bet your betta is one happy betta :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Melon swords get very huge. I have 2 XXL melon swords. With good lighting, they tend to get this redish/green leaves. Over time mine for example lost all it's broad green leaves and grew some nice looking longer red leaves. I love the plant, but can be a pain in my a** when they start to over shadow my other plants.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'll probably have to remove it in favor of something smaller in a few months when it gets too big to deal with. I will probably try keeping it in a jar on the windowsill or something until I have a bigger tank to put it in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.