Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the video and description says it all. This little guy never ceases to entertain and interest me. I thought it would be fun to share it, so here it is.
http://youtu.be/KDaivF3vbmU

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
He's so cute swimming around with it, he looks so proud. I hate spiders so good job Bartleby!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
"look ma I got you dinner! Why you no eat it?" lol silly fish

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is adorable! My Betta caught a mosquito once and it was the same way, sooooo funny!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for sharing .. that was pretty cool to watch!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
that was so adorable

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
That was so cute! I loved how he kept circling it.:lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I love the video :D Nice tank too!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Loved the video! And I love your dinosaur decorations!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Great vid but ewwww spider-I wonder what they taste of?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind remarks! The tank is a 10 gallon tank with plenty of fake plants, a moss ball and I just added two spiny nerite snails to round out the mini-ecosystem. This tank is almost a month along. This the total bio-load that I'm going with on this tank (hence the spoiled Betta fish). The filtration is a 3-stage HOB with a homemade baffle to disperse water flow. I have a 50-watt heater set to maintain 77-78 degree temperatures. I'm in graduate school and living by myself, at the moment, as my wife had to finish her degree else where. As mentioned before, I kept fish, lizards, snakes, etc. as a kid, but this little project has brought some needed entertainment and companionship to me this spring as an adult. Eventually, the only thing that I would like to do with this tank is replace the gravel and fake fauna for real plants and a conducive substrate. Otherwise I've been very happy with it.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I love when they swim around with food in their mouths :3

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, here is a question. Does anyone here have a sump filter on there fresh water tanks? I'm curious as to whether or not I could rig a 10 fresh water refuge but with a big enough middle compartment for a Betta home. I'm thinking more and more about finding a used 50 gallon tank and building a 10 gallon eco-filteration system for it. Probably no time very soon, but certainly beginning to think on the design of the project.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Geez... I wish the Magster annihilated all my arachnoid roommates. I have one in particular that is very clever and refuses to be squashed. Maybe I could lure it in... :twisted: Heaven knows that Magwitch is just aggressive enough to gobble it up. My little sister finds ants in her room on occasion and my guys like those well enough. :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts