Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting ready to transfer my rescue into my 1 gallon hospital tank but I was wondering which is the best heater to use? I've read a lot of customer reviews, both bad and good, and was hoping I could get some input from y'all. Which one should I get??

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm using 2 Aqueon 10w submersible heaters. One is in an unfiltered 1.9 gal bowl, the other is in a filtered 5-gal tank.

I just set up the small bowl today so I'm still testing it. So far the water is 8 degrees F warmer (70-78), 3 hrs after setup. I will post again if I notice any problems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome :-D Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
10w heater in small bowl

Re the Aqueon 10w. It overheated my 1.9 gal glass cube, it was at 90F when I checked it this morning. I unplugged the heater and pulled it out, it was still hot (running). I am lucky I didn't poach my betta!

Heater seems ok in the 5 gal tank, it's at 80F now.

One other thing I should mention is my apt is a bit overheated (thankfully I don't pay for heat here) and the room temp here is at least 76. My 2-gal doesn't need heat because the heat from the filter is enough to bring it up to 78-80.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a bettaTherm submersable heater pad type in my 1gal bowl & a tetra heater in my 2 gal.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Go on google and type in Nano heater, it should come up with a 15w one in shopping results

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a hydor Theo submersible 25W and it works really well.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I have a bettaTherm submersable heater pad type in my 1gal bowl & a tetra heater in my 2 gal.
I have that heater pad in my 1 gal QT tank right now, too. And I think I may have a problem. It is not warm enough as my betta is clamping and huddled around the heater. I've been using this heater now for around a month, and I'm really thinking it has given out on me. Right now I'm in the market for another heater.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
if you get a 25 watt one - aim for an adjustable one so you can turn it down. I put a hagen elite in a 1G anad at first the water was over 90 :shock: but then I turned the temp way down and it stayed at 78/80.

I also used a 50watt preset tetra heater in a 1g and it keeps it at 74! I can't even heat 1G of water to 78, and its designed for 10G tanks! It kept my 5 gallon at 68 :evil:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about a Marina 10w? Been sidetracked lately and just restarted my search. Anyone had any bad experiences with that one?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
How about a Marina 10w? Been sidetracked lately and just restarted my search. Anyone had any bad experiences with that one?
Are you talking about the Marina C10? I've bought it once, barely did anything. I wouldn't trust Marina and their line of heaters.

Even though the Elite brand is expensive, they're trustworthy heaters, have three of them and no problem at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts