Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a divided 10g and I noticed that even with the filter and a huge bubble maker in the middle section, the ends of my tank get a bit stagnant.

Side question: how do you know when stagnant water is an issue? I have some light biofilm on the surface, but generally no other problems.

Anyways, I was wondering what would be the best pump on the market for someone who needs two airstones on either side of a 10g. Nothing too powerful, and decently quiet given the noise from all of my other equipment.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I really like the Tetra Whisper10 for my tanks. It's cheap and quiet, I use it to power sponge filters in my 5 & 10 gallon tanks. It should easily power two airstones in a 10. I use one for a airstone in my 29 and it does a great job.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Maybe get a slightly bigger whisper. Then maybe down the line if you get another tank you still have the power to split the line for multiple tanks with multiple flow controllers for each end of the multiple tanks.

·
Banned
2,033 Posts
I have several of the Whisper 10's... but I also have 4 tanks and have one on each tank... they're cheap enough to be able to get more if need be, but, that's not always the case for people on a more limited budget... But I find the 10 is powerful enough to be split into 3 tanks, usually.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice! Looks like a Whisper 10 will be on my shopping list later down the line... What about noise? Do you find that it degenerates over time, or is the noise level consistent?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts