Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I've had a Vieltail male betta for about a year now. I noticed last year that the tank got rather cold during the winter (in the 60s - I know that was bad, not looking for a lecture), so I wanted to get a heater this year to make him more comfortable.

I have a plastic tank that has a volume of about 1 gallon. I would like an adjustable heater that is reliable even if it may cost a few extra dollars. Does anyone know of any that are okay to use in a small, plastic tank. Are they okay to use in plastic tanks in general?

EDIT: If a small plastic tank cannot support a heater, are you allowed to relocate bettas to new tanks?

Links would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

~CooperS

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Hydor THEO heaters are great for small tanks! It won't make your plastic tank melt, I don't know any heater that melts plastic. I have this heater as well for my 3.5 so it works really well. It's adjustable and good looking. Do you want a link?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I Google it can I find it? And also, is a 1 gallon tank too small for a heater?

~CooperS

·
Registered
435 Posts
Relocating bettas are fine. I've heard stories of some bettas getting depressed because they have been moved, though it is very very rare that they do not acclimate to the new environment. (especially if its a larger tank)

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Yep. Just make sure it's the 25 watt. How big is your tank? The heater is like... No more than 8 inches.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8 inches...tall? My tank is ~5x5x7 in.
~CooperS

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've been stalking this thread; I also have a 1 gallon plastic bowl for my betta.'
Would you mind posting the link? I should definitely invest in a heater before it gets chilly.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
It can fit in your tanks or bowls. It's 8 inches or less but it has this minimum water level line so it'll probably be like 5 or 6 inches. I'll get the link, what a sec...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Lebron, Thank you vm :)

Still open to other options

~CooperS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.