Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been discussed already, but if so, I have not seen the post. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on what kind of heater would be best for a 3 gallon tank. I bought two already and one was way too big and the other didn't seem to work at all. Any suggestions on something that isn't huge but also has a temp option so that I can keep his temp steady in his tank? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Definitely a hydor theo 25 W. It's adjustable and it is in my 2.5 gallon. Works great, should work for a three gallon. It's $20 on Amazon.com.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hey there!
I ordered the Hydor Theo 25 and was not happy with it. It may have just been the unit I had, but it would never heat the water correctly and just didn't work at all.

On a recommendation from a user on this site, I now own a Cascade 25 watt heater and it works GREAT! Always keeps the temperature right and has an auto on-off feature. My only complaint is that it is shiny, so my betta flared at it for the first few days in the tank. I just hide it behind an aquarium plant though.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I recommend the Elite 25w mini pre-set heater.

I love the Elite brand, I have them in all three tanks and they haven't failed once!

·
Banned
138 Posts
Hey there!
I ordered the Hydor Theo 25 and was not happy with it. It may have just been the unit I had, but it would never heat the water correctly and just didn't work at all.

On a recommendation from a user on this site, I now own a Cascade 25 watt heater and it works GREAT! Always keeps the temperature right and has an auto on-off feature. My only complaint is that it is shiny, so my betta flared at it for the first few days in the tank. I just hide it behind an aquarium plant though.
you probably got a bad unit. i have a 50w in a 4gal biorb and it stays exactly at what the thermostat is set on. the quality of electronics is very poor in today's age so it's easy to get something that just doesnt work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts