Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all!
No but seriously, I've just been wondering, since I went out looking for a couple. I've recently purchased a heater for each of my bettas (they live separately, of course!) but now that I have the heaters, I'm not sure what to do in the way of thermometers. May you please help me find out?

·
Registered
185 Posts
How big are your tanks? For 5+ gallons I would go with any adjustable heater. Two well known brands are hydor theo and eheim jager. If less than 5 gallons you can try using one of those preset heaters but they do have their downsides. There is a post somewhere around here on the preset heaters.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Get an inside tank thermometer, not one that sticks on the glass. Other than that, there isn't really any special thermometer. I got mine at petco for $3.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
+1 to eemmais! ^
Inside thermometers are best, outside ones are pretty inaccurate. The best ones are the glass floating thermometers with the suction cup on the side.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have a newbie stupid question what dose 80 degree water fell like?

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
You can't really tell... Using a thermometer is the best way to go.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have a thermometer and adjustable heater. Water dosnt feel very warm thats why i asked

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Oh, okay then. The human body temperature is normally at 97.9F. That's why it usually feels colder than what the temperature says. Trust the thermometer, it has no body temperature really.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank you for all your advice! It's all good, I don't mind sharing! :)
Yes, Neil is actually in a large critter keeper, which I believe is anywhere from 2.5-3 gallons, and I got him a Hydor 7.5 Watt Slim heater, and for my other two (the girl, Chappy, who's in a 1.5, and Ray Charles, who in a medium sized critter keeper, that I believe is 1.5-2 gal.) I got them a different kind of heater, the Deep Blue Bettastik 7.5 Watt Mini Submersible heater.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts