Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am either looking into designing my own light set up or buying one. Not sure just yet. Anyway, I have found with my tropical community that the difference in lighting was night and day. Certain color spectrum lights really made the colors on my fish pop so I was wondering what bettas did the best with. I intend to include a lunar LED for night lighting but what are you guys using for day lighting? Any preference to LEDs over flourescents?

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Florescent Lights make it look more Natural. LED Lights make it seem more colorful. I don't know. There are some LED Lights that are the same color as Florescent, but that doesn't matter. I think most people use Florescent for their Day-Lighting. Betta Fish need the Day/Night Cycle. They do sleep.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well, this sounds like a personal preference question, but I will tell you what I like.

I like the 6500k 'daylight' flourescent bulb. It is great for plants, and makes the tank look very natural. I like being able to see how my fish looks in natural light. I have it set to be on 8 hours a day. I haven't done any longer of a photo period as I am trying to keep algae under control. ;)

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
It really depends on the colour of the fish. For instance, my gold boy Odysseus looks at his best (lovely warm colour) under a flourescent light with IAL stained water, whereas the irridescence on Cassie would look better under LEDs, in my humble opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.