Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
The best thing to do is read the ingredients on any food you are thinking of feeding. Omega One & NLS are the most recommended on this forum but there are others that are good quality food.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I like using Hikari Micro Wafers. They are slightly smaller than most pellets, the first two ingredients are fish meal and krill meal, and they are 44% protein. And, since they aren't marketed as "betta food" you get more for your money. Infra Red loves them!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I like using Hikari Micro Wafers. They are slightly smaller than most pellets, the first two ingredients are fish meal and krill meal, and they are 44% protein. And, since they aren't marketed as "betta food" you get more for your money. Infra Red loves them!
Do the micro Wafers float like the Hikari Pellets do?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really think NLS are the best, If you look at what's all in it It's an incredibly good pellet. I know for sure Petco's carry it, or at least mine do! You can also order them online , I'm pretty sure. I have fed my betta's Omega one too, but to be honest they both prefer NLS. The first few ingredients in it are Whole Antarctic krill and Whole fish. Though they are your fish so you get to decide what their food is! I reccomend NLS pellets all the way! I do think they are a little more expensive than most kinds but really you get what you pay for IMO :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
The Micro Wafers are labeled "slowly sinking". I soak them in tank water before feeding them, and if my Infra Red misses grabbing it off of the end of the chopstick that I use to feed her, it does start to sink but slowly, even after soaking for a few minutes. She catches right up to it, lol!

I think that if you drop the Micro Wafers onto the water surface without soaking them first, that they will float for a bit, then sink. I'll test it out and get back to you.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Petco is carrying the new Cobalt food. I read the ingredients, and it looks pretty good. If they're small enough, I might be giving them a try.
Right now I'm using NLS for small fish. I have Omega One flakes, but they don't seem to care for them much.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I tried dropping two Hikari Micro Wafers into a cup of tank water. They floated at the top for about 8 to 10 seconds, then they slowly sank to the bottom. I hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
8-10 seconds is plenty of time for them to be eaten... just cant put in more then 1 or 2 at a time. Gonna try the wafers out when I run outta one of the types of food I have.
I got the hikari pellets, Omega one pellets and Zoo Med Pellets. Also use some omega one bloodworms.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.