Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
I currently have a Tetra Whisper filter in my 15 gallon divided tank and one in my 5 gallon tank. I am finding them VERY loud and annoying :-? Unfortunately my tanks have to be in my room! So I am searching for a quieter filter, that works really well :-D

Suggestions? I am willing to order it online as well, if need be! As I am in Canada, and have very limited selections for pet stores in my area :-(

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have 3 Tetra internal Whisper filters & 1 airfed Whisper. I hate the airfed one, I find it way too loud & the thing is always vibrating. But it's for my 2gal cube which is my quarentine tank. The internal ones I love, they're quiet, easy to calm the water output. by just putting a small filter sponge on the top!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 3 Tetra internal Whisper filters & 1 airfed Whisper. I hate the airfed one, I find it way too loud & the thing is always vibrating. But it's for my 2gal cube which is my quarentine tank. The internal ones I love, they're quiet, easy to calm the water output. by just putting a small filter sponge on the top!
Thanks for the suggestion! Going to gather more opinions :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh another thing the new internals have a bioscrubber, I love it!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I love Marineland bio wheel filters. they are very Quiet. I find them along with sponge filters the Quietest that work most efficiently. good luck!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love Marineland bio wheel filters. they are very Quiet. I find them along with sponge filters the Quietest that work most efficiently. good luck!
Thanks! I've heard mixed reviews about the bio wheels :-?

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
They havnt seem to broken down on me and the help alot with excess tannins. I dont like using tannins in my show tank as people see it as beeing dirty

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They havnt seem to broken down on me and the help alot with excess tannins. I dont like using tannins in my show tank as people see it as beeing dirty
Sounds good! I'll keep the biowheel in mine :-D

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Okay. Have you also thought about the Tetra brands. I use an external tetra PF-10 on my 10 gallon. maybe there is a larger size

·
Reference Team
7,703 Posts
....I find them along with sponge filters the Quietest ....
Could you please suggest a sponge filter which is truly quiet. The drone of the air pump drives me insane.

My Hagen Elite Mini is acceptably (as a benchmark) quiet.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
The air pump? Well my air pump is very quit an you can barely hear it at all. Unless it is leaning up against something. I can't particularly remember the brand/model of both the pump, and the filter itself

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like the AquaClears...I have an AquaClear and a Penguin 200 on my goldfish tank, and I think the AquaClear is much quieter. Those two brands are the only two I have any experience with though...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Sponge filters. Absolutely no competition. You can run airline from another room or even stick the air pump hanging off a coat-hanger inside a box lined with styrofoam.

The fact that they're cheap, aerate AND produce a nice circulation without having a jetting return flow makes them almost as good as a NPT.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been told about Tetra filters, haven't heard anything about the Hagen.

I really want to avoid an air pump! I have NEVER heard a "quiet" air pump, so I'd rather not have one if I can avoid it. :-?

Has anyone heard of the Aqueon Quiet Flow filter, or the Fluval Underwater Filter?

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I honestly have not used or heard of both, but every single air pump I've had isn't loud unless it is vibrating against something. Such as leaning up against a wall while sitting on top of a table.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I honestly have not used or heard of both, but every single air pump I've had isn't loud unless it is vibrating against something. Such as leaning up against a wall while sitting on top of a table.
The 2 I have, even sitting on a carpeted floor they are annoying :shock:

·
Registered
156 Posts
my friend loves the Aquion filters. Infact when I bought a tank kit it came with 1 and she begged me for it. I wasn't going to use it anyways b/c I love my tetra whisper internals!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my friend loves the Aquion filters. Infact when I bought a tank kit it came with 1 and she begged me for it. I wasn't going to use it anyways b/c I love my tetra whisper internals!
Thanks! I'll have to keep the Aqueon in mind :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts