Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in upgrading my fish to a fully stocked large tank (two 5g, or 10g+ with divider) for my two males. I can't personally afford an upgrade, but I'm thinking it would make a good birthday present...

Anybody have suggestions for a starter set or everything included pack that I can ask for, so I don't have my parents running around looking for different individual pieces?

Thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heater?

Aqueon Basic Kit Ten. It comes with everything accept fish, gravel, decor and dividers.
Thanks!

It does come with a heater? The description on the Aqueon website doesn't mention it....

·
Registered
3,848 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably a good deal...

I got the delux aqueon 10G setup when it was on sale at petco. It does have a heater but it is not an aqueon heater which i though was rather odd.
walmart also has setups

this is a 20g but it also comes in 5 and 10g
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Culture-Aquarium-Starter-Kit-20-Gallon-Fish-Aquatic-Pets/24808067
I'm sure it's a great deal.... but the first thing I see when I get to that site is that they don't carry it in my local store

q=

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have no idea if you can get it in america or not, But I recently got the superfish aqua 30, it's about 7 gallons, but is a little bit taller than wide. It comes with a filter, heater, food, fishnet and waterconditioners. I think my betta is going to enjoy it very much.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I bought a Tetra 10gal kit from Walmart for about $40 (Canadian dollar lol so it might be cheaper in the USA).
It comes with your glass tank, a Tetra Whisper filter and a hood with LED lights (which make the tank look really nice in my opinion). I just had to buy a heater, and my decor (which I had most of anyways from my older tanks). My divider was a home made divider using report binder clips and craft mesh (which cost me less that $5 to make) These things can also be found at most Walmarts.
I had my two males divided in it for a couple weeks before my one male got stressed and I gave the one guy the whole tank instead, with a few tank mates.

This is how mine looked when it was divided though. I'm really happy with the tank, no complaints yet :p
Aquarium decor Freshwater aquarium Aquarium Aquarium lighting Aquatic plant

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.