Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Blue
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there I just got some Anubias nana and some Anubias petite on driftwood. They’re relatively small but hopefully one day they will grow to beautifully. For now, me and some others have noticed my back of tank is a bit open. There’s nothing there haha I’m going to wait to see how these do in the tank. For the near future I was looking at which plants would be best for the back of my tank also maybe some floating ones as Blue really likes chilling in those. I have a 10 gallon tank currently. Also preferably easy to keep and maintain as I am new to all of this. Something hardy would be good too as I am scared I might kill the plant. Also as a reminder I’m so forgetful how long should I wait to add more plants after these new ones? Thank you in advance for any replies! ❤

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
Both of those Anubias are small. A. nana 3"-5"; 'petite' is smaller. Anubias is verrrrry slow growing. Like waiting for water to boil. ;)

While I will never order from this company again, they do have decent species profiles which give difficulty of each Anubias.

·
Registered
Blue
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both of those Anubias are small. A. nana 3"-5"; 'petite' is smaller. Anubias is verrrrry slow growing. Like waiting for water to boil. ;)

While I will never order from this company again, they do have decent species profiles which give difficulty of each Anubias.
Lol I like that! Waiting for water to boil. Did you have a bad experience with that company? I took a look at that site but still don’t know which kind of Anubias to get that will cover the back. I saw Anubias glabra and Anubias barteri wrinkle leaf that looked like they were taller.

Anything else that’s not Anubias that can be hardy and easy for a newbie like me? Just so I can see all my options. Do you have a link to learn about all the aquarium plants so I can do more research? I like everyone’s opinion though cause reading about it is one thing but actual experience with them is another. Bear with me. Haha

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
Buce Plants has without a doubt the best packing for seriously damaging or killing plants of any online store where I've spent $$. I am tired of filing DOA claims and taking photos. My last and final order I was delighted that I ordered four bunches of Myrio Green and received six.....until I took a closer look and realized they sent the extras because half of each bunch was dead or dying.

They also placed a very fragile bunch plant on the bottom without any protective padding. On top they placed six potted plants and the Myrio. By the time they arrived the Ludwigia Super Red was completely flat.

I like APF and www.greenleafaquariums.com.

Anubias are my favorites followed by Cryptocoryne and Echinodorus (Swords). As noted above, Buce Plants is an excellent source for learning which plants are too much for a beginner, require CO2, how tall, etc.

·
Registered
Blue
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buce Plants has without a doubt the best packing for seriously damaging or killing plants of any online store where I've spent $$. I am tired of filing DOA claims and taking photos. My last and final order I was delighted that I ordered four bunches of Myrio Green and received six.....until I took a closer look and realized they sent the extras because half of each bunch was dead or dying.

They also placed a very fragile bunch plant on the bottom without any protective padding. On top they placed six potted plants and the Myrio. By the time they arrived the Ludwigia Super Red was completely flat.

I like APF and www.greenleafaquariums.com.

Anubias are my favorites followed by Cryptocoryne and Echinodorus (Swords). As noted above, Buce Plants is an excellent source for learning which plants are too much for a beginner, require CO2, how tall, etc.
Sounds good! Thanks L! ❤ Off to researching I go!! Hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts