Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday out of the blue one of my bettas(one in the avatar) starting acting really bizzare. First he adruptly swam up to the top and started taking huge gulps of hair. And ever since then he's been sitting on the bottom, occasionally going up and sitting on leaf, with his head pointed up and his tail arched in the air. His gills are bright red and flared looking. He hasn't been active at all. Just sits there in that position. Anyone have any clue what this might be?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
what size is your tank and how often do you do a water change? It might be ammonia burn starting or possibly a parasite.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You should do a quick water change and see if that helps :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what size is your tank and how often do you do a water change? It might be ammonia burn starting or possibly a parasite.
1.5 gallon. I do a change every other day. I'll do a 80% change now with a siphon and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
hmmm. You shouldn't have any ammonia build up then. maybe it is a parasite

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
do you use a water conditioner?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Still no change. I changed about 80% of the water yesterday and 20 today, still no change, and yes I put some aquasafe in there. He just sits(upright not on his side) on the bottom motionless, occasionally shooting up for air. He's usually constantly active.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
how long have you had him?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Does his stomach look big?

you can try Pming oldfishlady or sakura8 for help. Myates is pretty knowledgable too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts