Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one betta Guillermo has not been himself for the past week after I moved.

He is currently set up in a 1 gallon hospital tank that has 1 and a half tablespoons of aquarium salt in it but he hasn't been active while he has been in it. He is eating but not a lot, and if he has to swim to get to his food he won't bother with it. He is kinda old so I'm wondering if he is going to pass on soon.

Last week I moved into a new apartment, I'm in the same complex so the water hasn't changed much. I conditioned his 5 gallon tank and put some stress coat in that tank but he was acting really listless and his color was really bad so I moved him into the hospital tank where his color did improve. The temp for his water is right around 76 Fahrenheit with some variation either way of a degree or two. He had been acting fine until the move. I have another betta and he is younger and he has been acting fine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you could fill out the sticky on the diseases page, that can help narrow stuff down. If he isn't showing any signs of illness other than being less active, I would stop the salt as that can contribute to internal problems in a healthy fish.

It may be that it is just stress. Personally, I would put him back in the main tank and let him get used to his normal life again if he isn't showing other signs of illness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.