Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have owned this betta fish ever since March or April and until a couple of days ago it has been acting normally but I noticed that the water has been cloudy and my Betta hasn't been as active.. It usually sits on top of the water surface and doesn't eat his food.

I worried so I gave it a 100% water change and now it has been sluggish. I worry because I noticed that most of his scales on one of his sides are disappearing / streaking or been wounding. :-(

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Honestly, if that was my fish I would probably euthanise. That looks like a really bad infection either caused by poor water quality or something like columnaris.

What is the size of the tank? Do you have a heater and what is the frequency of your water changes?

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Sorry to hear. I thought based on the picture and what I have seen when my own fish have passed that it looked like it didn't have long.

If you do want to purchase another betta, I strongly recommend reading all of the stickied threads on this forum. Based on your initial question and the picture of your fish and its set-up, I think it would definitely be of assistance for the care of any future bettas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts