Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Molly is new to the tank, he looks like he it bellying-up to the betta (and sometimes like sticking his nose up at him) almost like submissively. Not sure if they are playing or it is a bad match? They both look like they are playful and sometimes chase around each other (not just the betta chasing the Molly but the Molly coming up to the betta too). Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi

Mollies and Bettas are not compatible , While Mollies are not schooling fish they are very social and need to be kept in groups of 4 or more. Your Molly is lonley and is pestering the Betta this will end up in disaster, The Betta will attack the Molly or the Molly will stress the Betta so much he becomes sick.

Next problem,
What is the PH of your water?
Mollies must have very hard water if they do not have very hard water they suffer and die.

My advice is to return the molly to the petstore

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So recently I got 2 mollies too and realized that my friendly female betta was actually scared of them at first but then got used to them. The next morning I noticed the dalmatian molly was being pickier to her and the 2 would always get in her way, so I am returning the 2 mollies tomorrow because I realized the 2 have very different personalities and had feeling my female beta would get affected by this. So maybe its just betas and mollies don't mix well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts