Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2.5 gallon tank, fully cycled, with a baby male betta (he's about 1 inch). I was wondering if I could get a couple of ghost or cherry shrimp to go with him. I just tested the water - Ammonia=0, Nitrate=10-15, Nitrite=0. Also, if I were to add 2 shrimp, what would I feed them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Is your tank well planted including moss and aged (cycled and planted) for several months? This is recommended for shrimp keepers as it allows natural microfauana to grow on the plants for them to forage.
Other shrimp foods (give in extremely tiny quantity) include algae wafers, blanches veggies like zuchini, cucumber, spinach, lettuce (don't do iceburge lettuce-no nutritional value).

·
Registered
217 Posts
I haven't given my shrimp anything. They've flourished, even grown in the 2 weeks I've had them they eat whatever they find around the tank

If it's an old enough cycle, biofilm grows on everything very quickly. I don't know that I would keep them with a betta tho. Mine harassed and chased my cherry shrimp so they hid and I didn't see them the entire first week until I moved him to his own tank. A baby bettaf might be different though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts