Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have 15-20 baby Bettas, half moon and v tail mix. I moved them into a new tank because the old one was getting dirty. 2 fish have already died and the other ones seem kinda slow. I tested my water and the pH is about 6.2 and the alkalinity is about 40-60. Their old tank had a high pH and a high alkalinity. I want my baby Bettas to grow strong, someone help me :-:)cry:

btw the half moon and v tail are already showing in my
also my snail is acting weird, he wont come out of his shell

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Did you acclimate them? Unlike adults, the acclimation time should be a LOT longer because they are more fragile and have yet to establish a firm immuen system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well no just plopped them right in because of how small they were, I was thinking about doing a water change...

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Yyyeah.... that was the problem. You'll be lucky if you have some strong fry who defeat the rest for survival now. :( The temperature, alkalinity, PH, and everything else slightly wavers it affects them. Do a water change... slowly, using a tiny tube to put it in or dripping from a cup (takes sooo long :lol:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh... I just fed them and they seem to be playing and feeling alright. some of them seem to be resting on the bottom but most of them are swimming around

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Well that's good. Just remember when you switch them to another tank to acclimate =D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts