Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 tanks that have 3 bettas in each. I would like to know if anyone has used the Betta Bed Leaf Hammock and if the bettas will use them?

I like to keep the tanks clean and neat and thought these might be a good thing for them other than plants cluttering up their space.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I bought it once but it started coming apart almost out of the package. It had an exposed metal wire (not stainless steel I might add), so I returned it and got the betta-log instead. My boys go NUTS over it.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I did have one in our "sammy's" tank, for a while, he used it a lil, but wasn't his favorite thing in his tank.. they are cheap..so if you wanna try it out, your betta might like it..:)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have two betta hammocks and removed the wires from both. My boys like them but use them on an infrequent basis. They don't want to be caught resting but I have seen each of them use them at least once.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a little log that was originally for hermit crabs. I used a suction hook thing that came with the heater I didn't use and kept it near the surface. ALL my bettas love it. I need to get another!! There are a few holes they can swim through and its set half in and out of the water so they can sleep in it. The girls fought over it so I gave it to Kevin who loves it more.

·
Registered
258 Posts
betta log vs. leaf hammock

I have tried the leaf hammock on a couple of my bettas. l Never seen them use it.
However, i have 3 of the floating logs. and most nights they are full with a sleeping betta.

The betta log seems to provide a more peaceful, calm place for the betta to escape. However, they are not for small tanks; will fit into the 1.5 gal but I definitely would not go any smaller.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have used it, but my Betta didn't seem to use it that often. It can rust, so plan on replacing at least once. My medication i put in the tank changed its color, and coated it in algae....but other than that i think its pretty good. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have 2 tanks that have 3 bettas in each. I would like to know if anyone has used the Betta Bed Leaf Hammock and if the bettas will use them?

I like to keep the tanks clean and neat and thought these might be a good thing for them other than plants cluttering up their space.
My 5 all sleep on theirs, its the cutest thing, its like i tucked them all into bed for the night, i have recently removed the wires from them as even the tiniest exposed part (which there will be) will rust. They're cheap enough to try out and if the don't work no harm is don :-D

·
Registered
21 Posts
where can you find these Betta Logs?!

nvr heard about them.... Now I'm intrigued! :)

·
Reference Team
7,703 Posts
One person's clutter is another fishes cozy, comfortable, homey space. Anubias floats and has leaves like the plastic Betta hammocks. Some of mine favor floating Wisteria.

I think I might let them try a log, if I ever come across one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine seems to prefer squishing behind the filter or the tops of the amazon swords to the hammock so far but I'm searching for the log to see if he would like that.

They aren't all that expensive so its worth giving it a try

1 - 17 of 17 Posts