Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Earlier today I got the Aqueon Betta Bowl 2.5 for my fish, its a upgrade to his 1.5 tetra cube gallon. I placed him in the tank, and he looked extremely confused which makes sense, since it isn't his 1st home. I have also returned back home from my university;he sat in the cup he came in for about 4 hours.

Its' been hours now and all he does is just swim around on the right side of the tank only. He will just swim up and down only on the right side. And contort his body in weird positions..should I just leave him alone?

He doesn't glass surf, he doesn't see his reflection.

I tried feeding him...he only ate 2 pellets. He won't eat, he just spits them back out.

Should i just leave him be to explore and such?

My new tank isn't bear really. He has a cave, two medium silk plants, two small silk plants, three moss balls and a live plant.
Any opinions? Anything will help.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, thank you. Floating plants? What are some examples?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will definitely get 2 large silk plants, and place them on the right side of the tank.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:
He is acting more normal but still will only eat like 2 pellets sometimes three.
Should i just give him more time? I know that he is prob stressed also. I might get some stress coat or stress zyme

·
Registered
509 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about him eating less than normal right now. Give him a few more days, but be on the watch for other symptoms.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

Update:

So my fish is starting to act like himself again, makes me happy.
I also went and bought more large silk plants and now I love how the tank looks like

But in the photo, my fish looks miserable and now its because of the filter!!! It pushes him around so much like hes a ping pong ball and I am so worried he is stressed out :(!

That whole water bottle thingy is not working at all and I have no idea what to do :(. I currently have turned it off and now hes swimming around exploring the new plants.

Will the world come to an end if I make this tank an unfiltered tank? How much more frequent should I do water changes?

Please.. help..

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
And now my betta fish made this weird noise like it was hiccupping. It sounded like he was tapping the glass. Even though they have soft bodies..it freaked me out

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,462 Posts
You can to a tank without a filter but unless to add a ton of live plants to help take over the job of the filter it won't be as healthy. Silk and plastic are just decor and do nothing to maintain water quality.

I'd suggest you either get a sponge filter or this one:
http://www.truaqua.com/aquarium-internal-filter-if-201-.html

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A little bit of current is fine.
Isnt there also a way to make the current less? Like a mesh filter or netting? Or something..? I feel reluctant to buy another filter.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I use this series of filter in all of my tanks...including with an OHM Giant....with no issues. I would never recommend something I haven't tried or that would endanger an animal.
Okay, thank you very much for your recommendation. Hopefully my betta doesn't hate me for getting him a bigger home :(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you very much for your feedback.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts