Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most on this forum recommend omega 1 pellets, and pellets over flakes. I've finally got all of my 15 bettas (6 girls in 10gal, 9 boys in various divided tanks) doing pellets... But I am using omega 1 pellets and they are too big so I have to chop them up with my fingernails. I don't mind doing this for my boys that are good eaters and live alone, but I have 2 picky boys, and 4 boys in divided 20 gal, and then 6 girls who nip each other if I don't give them all the food at once, and they are too impatient to wait for me to break up their pellets- The picky ones and the girls all will do omega 1 flakes and the tiny bio gold pellets, so which is best? Any opinions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been feeding my beta New Life Spectrum and I have to say its pretty awesome. His colors from now till when I got him are way brighter ... he almost shimmers. They are also pretty small so its one bite for him.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Another NLS vote here. Flakes aren't generally recommended as they are more likely than a pellet to cause constipation problems. NLS Betta Formula is available at Petco and it is 1mm food. My boys definitely colored up on this food. I seriously thought it was BS, but it actually did lol.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
I go Omega One Betta Buffet pellets for the most part when not doing live/homemade, and they are very tiny.. are you using the Betta Buffet ones? Or just Omega One pellets... there is a difference.
The flakes for Omega One Betta Buffet actually are a bit healthier then the pellets, but it tends to be easier to feed/clean up pellets over flakes- can be more precise in how much you are feeding.

NLS is great too, Grow formula is a great source of protein.

Either one of those brands, but you have to make sure it fits a betta's specific needs in a diet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts