Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I think he might respond well to a less wide open tank. A quick easy fix for that is buying some anubias and just letting that float in the tank, it's a hardy little plant, and he'll nuzzle up in the leaves. I would also see if you can get him a little cave. Coffee mugs and terra cotta pots make great quick solutions.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Ideally, if you have enough plants, it will help consume the Nitrate in a tank, and will reduce water changes... But unless you want to delve into a NPT, I would just do changes as you already do.
You can either anchor them to driftwood, plant the roots, or let them float - if you do plant them, make sure the little knobbly thing isn't planted, just the roots. It will die otherwise.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
How would it be too small for a tiny plant?
Can you link me to what you found? I have no idea how to maintain a NPT, there is a section on this forum designated to those...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'm trying to remember "I don't speak Spanish" in spanish, and all I can remember is 'Me llamo'... so lo siento?
I have them in 3 MUCH smaller tanks and they do fine... They're like hand sized, there may be bigger variations?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.