Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Neptune & Pinky. SIP Geneva, Saturn, Ruby, and Crystal.
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll. So, we have a betta with 6 cory cat fish. I feed him his regular pellets and the corys sinking pellets. He is always searching for the pellets and usually finds them. He keeps getting bloat. Anything to prevent this?

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
As long as his belly goes back down after a few hours he's full but not bloated. I feed all my fish the same thing and that helps keep the Betta from overeating. To make pellets sink just thrown them in the tank.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as his belly goes back down after a few hours he's full but not bloated. I feed all my fish the same thing and that helps keep the Betta from overeating. To make pellets sink just thrown them in the tank.
His belly is back to normal in a couple days. The pellets sink to the ground but he starts scavenging for them.

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
When I fed pellets I just threw them in so they'd sink and my Betta had to hunt for them. I've never tried to feed them at the water line.

If it were my Betta I'd feed only after his belly retreated. Or throw in four or five pellets and let him hunt to his heart's content.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For me personally, I would feed less, OR I find feeding your betta Daphnia doesn't cause bloat. Also, you could change what you feed the catfish; my betta doesn't go after the wafers as much. Just a few ideas!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For me personally, I would feed less, OR I find feeding your betta Daphnia doesn't cause bloat. Also, you could change what you feed the catfish; my betta doesn't go after the wafers as much. Just a few ideas!
You know fish. Hungry. All. The. Time. I feed the betta his food, I give corys pellets. He searches for the corys food. He sees them eating it. He scares them away. "Yummy! Now I found more food!" Chomp, chomp.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is what I had to do because one of my girls kept eating all the other fishes food And she would get bloated and get sbd. So I got bug bites because they call all eat it even my corys will eat them. And I still give my girls 3-4 pellets each meal and that’s to keep them away so my corys, neon, and harlequins get to eat. My neons will grab a few of the pellets but they girls still get a few and they also eats the bug bites. She has had a case in months since I started the bug bites. I have flakes because I can’t find them in small pellets just med/large. And I thought they might be to big for everyone. I still add a pellet or two for the corys but I do it away from the girls and when they are busy eating their own pellets. They still sometime will grab a pellet and run. Crazy girls.

I’m still adjusting the amounts because my 2 of my girls are a little plump but its hard when they grab everyone’s food.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts