Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
so sorry for your loss , i was hoping he still alive. I also do only full water changes for all my tanks. So not sure what could happened. Weird, something get in to the water.
How long you had him ? Are you going to buy another one? I am assuming you don't have another betta since you saying something in the water which would effect another one if you had it.
You can just rinse the tank and everything in the tank with hot hot water and let it air dry for a week or longer to get ready for another betta. I hope you will rescue another one.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Hey i just realized that i replied to your other thread yesterday. I didn't realized both post from you. I was literally by the door going to my second job and just decide to search the forum for unanswered threads . So i randomly replied to about 5 of them before i left about 1 hour late to may other work.
So sorry i am puzzled too. I also do only full water changes for all my fish and all my fish older than 2.5 y old. Not sure if he could choke on his tail. And i can't imagine what could happened with water while you was away for a few days.
Do you think anyone in your house could put something in the water by accident? Its really weird that he was fine before you went and came back to sick one.
Did you put anything new in his water when you did last change?
Could anything get in the water while you was away?
I hope it will not discourage you from rescuing another betta.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.