Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I recently bought this male Dragonscale HMPK, and I'm not sure what color to call him? Any help out there?

Sorry for the bad pics. I can't get him to flare at the same time I snap a pic on my phone. :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I keep googling pics of Bettas but can't find one exactly his color, the closest i can figure is that he has a platinum, copper, or steel grey colored body and orange/salmon fins with blue edges.. still waiting for some other input by more experienced Betta Owners.

·
Registered
393 Posts
hmm.. you're right. he is a different color. not sure if i've ever seen it before. he's really pretty though!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Steel mustard gas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChrissyLee - Thanks! I've never seen one his color before either, that's why I had to snatch him up. I'm gonna try to get better pictures made of him and post again later.

fishy_friend - That's one of my guesses. My only problem with the steel part is that he's almost a purply/pinkish-steel and not blue, and when I google Steel colored betta's they all are very blue tinted, so not sure if he has to be blue for it to qualify, or if it's just close enough. He's a puzzle, but he's perty! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,430 Posts
Due to various new mutations in the drgn variety, some people (in my country) call these colors copper drgn (according to the base color) while others would call them black drgn (according to it's origin). He is probably a mix between black drgn (silverish body with black fins) and other dragons.

Like the green and blue dragons, copper dragons don't usually have white/silver bodies. They remain copper. Their fins can show different combinations - the classic grey background with red rays, giving it that copper/gold look. Or it can also come in other colors; red, orange, yellow, and black.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Due to various new mutations in the drgn variety, some people (in my country) call these colors copper drgn (according to the base color) while others would call them black drgn (according to it's origin). He is probably a mix between black drgn (silverish body with black fins) and other dragons.

Like the green and blue dragons, copper dragons don't usually have white/silver bodies. They remain copper. Their fins can show different combinations - the classic grey background with red rays, giving it that copper/gold look. Or it can also come in other colors; red, orange, yellow, and black.
Personally I would just call him a copper dragon because of how the copper really is the most color you can see on him. Then in other pictures he looks to have yellow and a orangey pink that seems to be like a red wash in other bettas only its a different color on him.

Very interesting colors on him. Indjo, if you (personally) were the breeder and decided to put him up for sale on AB, what would be your title name for him?

I think that if I was at such a road block, I would call him a copper dragon and then explain who and what I crossed so buyers know how I got to such a unique color, but that doesn't matter much I this case.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Pastel Dragon-

Mustard Gas is a yellow-gold coloration, usually accompanied by blue (if by brown it would be considered chocolate)
Copper you are looking for a copper coloration- gold/green/brown

He is basically a pastel dragon (pastel is an actual classification of color for a betta, usually a subdued color).

Tails & colors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.